There are turkey hunters and then there are turkey killers; Rick Taylor is the latter. Rick witnesses around 18 turkeys killed every year, and has tagged out all but once his entire career. You are going to enjoy this conversation as we break down specific setups and strategies on tagging those hard to get gobblers.
What We Learn In This Episode:
- Introducing kids to turkey hunting
- Early season decoy strategy
- Calling turkeys uphill or downhill?
- Being a Ninja in the woods
- When to hunt from a blind
- Advice on traveling out of state to turkey hunt
- What’s better: Woodsmanship or Calling?
- What to look for on a map when turkey hunting new properties
Show notes, resources, links: