Welcome to the Down South Hunting Podcast! This week is a continuation of our series on weather and it’s influence on deer movement; according to GPS studies done in the field. We continue the discussion this week with Dr. Duane Diefenbach, of the Penn State Deer Forest Study Group, and Lindsay Thomas Jr., editor of Quality Whitetails magazine/Communications Director at the QDMA. We are also joined by the Mad Scientist of deer hunting, Mark Drury, about how weather impacts his hunting strategies.
There is one more episode left that you’ll not want to miss and we will drop soon. Make sure and subscribe to the Podcast so you don’t miss the final release to this series.
Search “Hunting” on Spotify!
We are on YouTube!
What We Learn In This Episode:
- Can the weather or barometric pressure influence deer movement?
- What does the science say
- What is the traditional thought amongst hunters
- GPS studies on deer movement
Resources and Links
- 10 Things we know about buck movement
- Where has that darn buck gone?
- GPS Reveals Early Season Buck Movement
- PSU Deer Forest Study
- MSU Deer Lab
- Drury Outdoors Deercast
- Rut Fresh
Please leave us a review!