Just in time for the opening of the 2018 turkey hunting season, Shane Simpson of CallingAllTurkeys.com, gives us a course in turkey calling 101. We cover the how, when, and why of using a diaphram mouth call as well as lots of other turkey hunting and calling topics.
Shane Simpson has won more than 20 calling titles and has placed in numerous others, including winning the Minnesota State Calling Championship in 2011, 2015 and 2017 and finishing 2nd-Runner Up in the 2015 Grand National Owl Hooting Championship.
Along with producing Calling All Turkeys, Shane does freelance work for numerous hunting industry companies including Field & Stream and ScoutLook and he is also an outdoor writer with some of his work appearing in the National Wild Turkey Federation’s “Turkey Country” and “Jakes Country” magazines.
What We Learn In This Episode:
- Comparing turkey hunting in the South vs the North
- How real life calling compares to competition calling
- The importance of calling cadence
- How to choose the right diaphram call.
- How to care for a diaphram call
- How to produce realistic Yelps, Clucks, Gobbles, and more.
Show notes, resources, links: