Adam and Mike interview David Toms, a public land bowhunter with nearly 40-years of experience. David uses a tree saddle and a recurve bow to get in close to mature buck bedding areas. He has hunted many states and brings a vast amount of hunting experience to the table. They discuss how David developed his strategies and tactics for closing in on mature bucks including his use of traditional bowhunting equipment. David has several pieces of advice that will probably be new to you.
Two of the first 20 iTunes reviewers will be randomly chosen to win a bag of Grizzly Bean Coffee. At the time of this post, we are sitting at 16!
One of the first 10 Stitcher reviewers will be randomly chosen to win a bag of Grizzly Bean Coffee!
What We Learn In This Episode:
- Why Mike thinks you should get a lawn service
- Public Land Scouting
- How coyotes and other predators can help you locate deer
- The how and why of traditional bowhunting
- Non-traditional methods for accessing your stand
- How hogs affect deer hunting
- What time should you be in your stand?
- How to become a Super Secret Sample tester for Grizzly Bean Coffee
Show notes, resources, links:
- The Hunting Beast Forum– DaveT1963
- Saddle Hunter Forum– DaveT1963
- David Tom’s YouTube channel